On-Line Oil Debris Monitoring
Machinery Condition Assessment using On-Line Oil Debris Sensors
Operators of critical machinery are moving towards on-line sensors for detection and monitoring of machinery degradation to avoid unplanned equipment shutdowns reduce preventive maintenance costs. The GasTOPS on-line wear debris sensor, MetalSCAN, provides real-time detection and quantification of debris released into the lube oil system. We have in-depth understanding of the characteristics of debris generation, and how to relate that information to specific machinery failure modes.
GasTOPS was the first company to field a full-flow, inductive wear debris sensor to detect damage on critical machinery. The sensor was first implemented on the US Air Force F22 Aircraft in 1991. We have over 15 years of operational experience and have developed and qualified condition indicators for multiple applications. Take advantage of our wealth of experience on aviation, power generation, marine, and oil & gas applications.
Our MetalSCAN application specialists can help you make the most effective use of your real-time data by providing the following technical services:
- Condition Indicator Development to identify and validate the appropriate measurements to give clear indication of fault
- Limits Assessment to determine normal/abnormal limits of the debris counts for each size category, customized to your specific equipment and its operational requirements
- Diagnostics & Troubleshooting to indicate the presence and severity of fault; to identify the source of metal and type of failure
- Remote Monitoring to collect, store and provide analysis results and early warnings of damage that can be accessed on-line 24/7
- Prognostics to estimate remaining useful service life